JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
March 1, 2016
JEFFERSON COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS
OUTREACH FOR SENIOR CITIZENS 60 YEARS AND OLDER
This outreach is designed to help low-income senior households pay their heating and cooling bills as well as decrease their need for energy assistance. This program targets people with the lowest income and the highest energy cost based on income and family size. Payment is made directly to the utility provider on behalf of the recipient.
Jefferson Community Action Program will be providing all LIHEAP services to senior citizens of the community ages 60 years and older, on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointment is required.
To be eligible for Regular LIHEAP assistance, a client can’t have received assistance in the last six months. If you received assistance in the last six months, you are not eligible for this outreach event.
To be eligible for CRISIS LIHEAP assistance, a client can’t have received assistance in the last 12 months.
All Jefferson Parish Senior Citizens applying for LIHEAP assistance with Jefferson Community Action Programs must bring the following documentation and information with them:
1. You must be a resident of Jefferson Parish. Proof of residency is required. Examples: cable bill, phone bill, water bill or all pages of your current lease. All bills must be dated within 30 days of your appointment.
2. You must also meet the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
3. Identification: bring your current picture ID, example: current Louisiana Driver’s License or Louisiana State ID card for all family members 18 years or older.
4. Must have social security card for all household family members.
5. Proof of Income: all household members must provide proof of income. Earned income, four last or most current check stubs. Unearned includes but is not limited to: alimony, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation, 2015 Kinship Care Subsidy Program, 201 Family Independent Temporary Assistance (FITAP) formerly TANF, 2015 Social Security Award Letter, 2015 Supplemental Security Income, 2015 Annuity Letter, Court Judgments, current bank statement, and SNAP documentation must be dated within 30 days of application.
6. Current Entergy and/or ATMOS Bill.
Please comply by bringing in all the required documents as this will help us in assisting you.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS, WE WILL BE UNABLE TO SERVE YOU.
Mike Miley Playground
6716 West Metairie Avenue, Metairie, LA 70003
Thursday, March 3, 2016, 8:30am to 3:00pm
650 Wall Boulevard, Gretna, LA 70056
Friday, March 4, 2016, 8:30am to 3:00pm
THIS OUTREACH IS OPEN FOR JEFFERSON PARISH SENIOR CITIZEN RESIDENTS ONLY
YOU MUST BE 60 YEARS AND OLDER
Senior Citizens that are homebound or unable to make the outreach may designate an authorized representative to apply for LIHEAP services on their behalf. The applicant must complete an authorized representative form which is available at our community centers (locations listed below). The authorized representative must have this form or statement on the day of the outreach to be assisted.
Bridge City Community Center
301 Third Emanuel Street
Bridge City, LA 70094
Telephone: (504) 349-5464
Jessie Taylor, Center Supervisor
Harvey Community Center
1501 Estalote Street
Harvey, LA 70058
Telephone: (504) 227-1221
Darlene McKinnies, Center Supervisor
Marrero Community & Senior Center
1861 Ames Blvd.
Marrero, LA 70072
Telephone: (504) 349-5950
Patricia Toliver, Center Supervisor
Dorothy B. Watson Community Center
1300 S. Myrtle Street
Metairie, LA 70003
Telephone: (504) 736-6480
Cappri Lebeaux, Center Supervisor
Hazel Rhea Hurst Community Center
1121 S. Causeway Blvd.
Jefferson, LA 70121
Telephone: (504) 838-4277
Louise Lacy, Center Supervisor
Gretna Community Center
1700 Monroe Street
Gretna, LA 70056
Telephone: (504) 376-2130
Dr. Clara Byes, Center Supervisor
J C Simmons Community Center
4008 U.S. Highway 90
Avondale, LA 70094
Telephone: (504) 349-5414
Diana Smith, Center Supervisor
Woodmere Community Center
4026 Post Drive
Harvey, LA. 70058
Telephone: (504) 349-5136
Rena Walker, Center Supervisor
For questions, please contact Ms. Scott or Ms. Coleman with Jefferson Community Action Programs at 736-6898.